If your business regularly has a stand or two at an exhibition, it can be a logistical nightmare getting your stands and other equipment from A to B safely and on time.
More and more businesses, however, are not just taking part in local exhibitions but are travelling to more far-flung destinations abroad.
That can present even greater difficulties. The good news is that a specialist freight forwarding exhibition company can handle all the logistics for you, whether you need to be in Paris or halfway round the world in China.
- How is your exhibition stock going to be transported?
- When does it need to arrive?
- What’s the most cost-effective way to move your freight?
- How do you get it collected and returned home?
All these questions need to be answered. While you’re probably tied up with organising, you’re your business is going to provide in the exhibition so you can attract new customers, the last thing you probably want is to be working on flight schedules and deliveries.
Working With a Freight Forwarder
Freight forwarding companies don’t just work with businesses that have to get goods from one location to another. A freight forwarder can help you transport any type of cargo. While it can seem like an additional cost for your business, employing the service of a specialist exhibition freight forwarder should save you money in the short and long term and save you plenty of time as well.
The Benefits of Exhibition Freight Forwarding
- Your freight forwarding company can plan the logistics from start to finish for you. That’s great news if you regularly attend exhibitions around the world.
- All you need to do is tell them what needs to be transported, where it needs to be delivered to and when it has to arrive. They can ensure your exhibition kit is kept safe and is stored at the venue in pristine condition.
- Once you’ve finished, the freight forward can arrange pickup and return delivery or send the kit to the next destination on your exhibition list.
- In some countries, you may need special documentation such as air waybills and bills of lading and your freight forwarding company can handle this all for you.
- They can also make sure your property is adequately insured and even provide practical help in packing and labelling.
Why Use a Specialist?
There are plenty of freight forwarding companies that can deliver your goods to any destination around the world. Working with a specialist exhibition forwarder, however, has several additional advantages. They know from the start the kind of service that you are looking for and have experience of handling often delicate items such as banners and stands.
They make sure that your equipment and other exhibition stock get to the exact bay where you’ll be showing off your business, so you don’t have to worry about lugging it all from a storage area.
If you run a business and exhibit abroad, then hiring the right team is essential. Contact us today to find out more about our freight forwarding exhibition service.